WELCOME TO THE HCC WEBSITE!
Harleysville Community Center Pool
Welcome to the 2017 Swimming Season
Pools Open Saturday, June 3rd
Spring is in full swing which means summer is just around the corner…now is the perfect time to make your plans for swimming at the Harleysville Community Center pools. Membership information is now ready to go for Summer 2017. Opening Day is set for June 3rd.
For membership information and/or to join online press “Click Here to Register Now”. To download an application for mail in registration, please press the button labeled “Download HCC Application”. If you do not have internet access, mail in applications can be picked up at the Lower Salford Township Office.
The flat rate per family that was initiated in 2011 (no additional charges/fees per person) will continue for 2017. We will again cap our family membership at 300 to ensure all patrons a safe and enjoyable season of swimming. We recommend taking advantage of the pre-season discounts… pre-season rates end May 15, 2017.
Two years ago we welcomed the McCoy Family as our new snack stand vendor…and officially opened the Cool Eats Snack Bar. We are pleased to announce they are back and ready to offer full lunch and dinner menus, as well as snacks of all kinds. They will be accepting credit cards, selling gift certificates and have party packages available to members who would like to celebrate their child’s birthday at the pool.
The Cool Eats Snack Bar Staff has two Family Fun Days planned for the Harleysville Pool this summer, Sunday June 18th and Sunday, July 9th. On both dates the snack bar staff will host a pool party as a way for them to give back to HCC patrons. From 2:00 to 5:00pm there will be a DJ playing music and games with all the kids – lots of prizes to be won. There will also have a giant inflatable water slide at the pool – it promises to be a fun time for all the family. Here are two pics of our 2015 Family Fun Days:
During the spring of 2011, HCC embarked on a multi-phased/multi-year renovation project to update the swimming pool complex. The following improvements have been completed between 2011 and 2014:
- New peninsula with a 12-foot wide shark umbrella to provide in-pool shade
- Water jets and a baby dome which provide an endless shower of water
- A zero entry ramp, in water steps and an automated lift to allow a swimmer unassisted access in and out of the water has HCC compliant with the Federal Americans with Disabilities Act
- Resurfacing of the wading pool and replacement of the concrete patio area
- Total replacement of the lower pool filtration system
- A double flume slide that promises to give our members, both young and old alike, years of fun.
While certainly not as exciting as the double flume slide or as much fun as the endless shower of water provided by the baby pool dome and deck jets, improvements for 2015 and 2016 were critical infrastructure items such as:
- Replacement of plumbing/toilets in the women’s bathhouse
- Replacement/additional LED exterior lighting for the pool and cabin parking lots
- Installation of a stainless exhaust hood with fire suppression system in the snack stand
- Electrical upgrades in the upper pool filter room
- Crack repairs and seal coating to pool parking lots
- Replacement of the upper pool’s filtration system
- Replacement of plumbing/toilets/urinals in the men’s bathhouse
- Interior painting of both bathhouses
- Exterior painting
Key Projects for 2017: Upper Pool Makeover
From its inception, 50+ years ago, HCC has relied on community donations, pool memberships and facility use fees to finance its projects and required maintenance of facilities. We appreciate all the community support and continued membership to help keep the Harleysville Community Center an important place for family and friends to gather and share memories.
A special Thank You goes out to our Community partners – Harleysville Jaycees, Harleysville Lions and Harleysville Rotary for their ongoing support of HCC. To learn more of the Center’s interesting history click on the “About HCC” button.