HCC ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO OUR OPENING OF THE 2017 SWIMMING SEASON
- We are very sorry to announce the upper pool makeover will not be finished in time for use on June 3rd.
- The lower pool is ready and will open for Saturday, June 3rd and Sunday, June 4th.
- We will not be open during the week…Monday, June 5th through Friday, June 9th; the lower pool will be available for swim team practice following school each day.
- The lower pool will reopen for the season on Saturday, June 10th.
- Due to the ongoing construction of the upper pool, please note the following changes:
✓ The ticket booth will be relocated to the manager’s office.
✓ Entrance to the pool complex will be via the gate next to the manager’s office.
✓ Bathhouse entrance will be via the doors on the parking lot side.
✓ Entrance to the lower pool will be via the gate in the play yard.
✓ The First Aid Room will be relocated to the manager’s office.
- We will update the status of the upper pool makeover project later in the week. We apologize for the temporary inconveniences caused by this delay. While the upper pool opening is on hold, we look forward to enjoying the “new upper pool” for many, many years to come. Here are a few of the highlights of the renovation:
✓ Essentially, we will have a new pool with all new plaster finish, all new piping and skimmer system.
✓ Safer diving well – the new layout meets current competitive requirements of depth, length and width.
✓ Redesign of diving well will repurpose an area for swimming.
✓ Pool can now be properly winterized; a pool cover will be installed for the winter.
✓ Expanded zero entry/beach area gives us increased shallow water for our youngest patrons, along with 12 new bubblers for their enjoyment.
✓ New under water bench in the midsection on the grass side will be a great place to sit and cool off.
✓ Additional set of steps makes entry and departure from the pool much easier than a ladder for many of our patrons.
✓ Replacement of pool decking removes many tripping/falling hazards.